Global Technical Account Manager (m/f)
With a strong global network of technical centers and manufacturing plants, Johnson Matthey is a successful supplier of emission control solutions to major engine and vehicle manufacturers on five continents. In the European region, Johnson Matthey's product development and application engineering activities for emission control products are conducted at the technical centres located in Royston (UK), Redwitz (Germany) and Gothenburg (Sweden).
With the mission to further develop our technical offerings and application engineering services to European engine manufacturers, we seek to employ a Senior Technology Manager for the European region, with a particular focus on OEMs with their base in Germany. As a key member of the European technology team, you will be based at our office in Sulzbach, but the role will also require a certain amount of travelling, both within Germany and internationally.
Key challenges for the Senior Technology Manager will be to coordinate the various technical activities and programs for maximum output and customer value, accountable for providing strategic technology and business input as well as expert advice to the product development chemist teams, to develop effective customer relationships at relevant level, to strengthen and consolidate the knowledge across the product development and application teams , and to serve as a strong technical mentor for the resident engineers serving our german customers.
- profound understanding for the automotive industry, its challenges and development directions
- A very strong customer focus, and a practical and service-oriented mindset
- Ability to manage, mentor and develop a team of experienced resident engineers
- A strong background within applied emission control technology, preferably a PhD degree combined with several years of relevant industrial experience
- Proficiency in the German and English languages. Further language skills is a merit.